Friday, July 26, 2013

what's in a name?

oh my gosh. this is so hot right now, at least on Facebook.

Rules to naming your BABY (at least according to GQ, which is a very reliable resource!)

This is hilarious! I would really love to print this and mail it to a few people I know, but I won't because I will pretend I have better things to do with my time...like make fun of their ill-named children's names! whoops! what a B i am. oh, how i love to point the finger and laugh. that's terrible.

But in all seriousness (because I was just joking about the last 3 lines...I swear!), I think this obnoxious name game of these poor kids has got to stop! people are making up names and making their kids sound like the most ridiculous jokes ever! dumb. everyone wants to be "SOOO UNIQUE" that they just start sounding as dumb as everyone else who thinks they're being so very non-mainstream. get over yourselves, folks. or if you just cannot resist affectionately calling something Katniss or Zane, just get a houseplant and name it your imaginations wildest creation. Heck, even a dog or cat!

moving along, the high today is 70. 70!! what the hell! I am wearing jeans to work today! it's cool enough for JEANS! How does that even happen? Oh, i actually DID my hair this morning too. I curled it...my house wasn't too hot to do anything other than a bun right out of the shower, so I styled my 'do! I look presentable! it's such an unfamiliar feeling.

Next weekend Kenny Rogers is coming to Minnesota, and I really want to see him! He will be in concert in Albert Lea, MN which is a small town about 90 minutes south of Minneapolis. I think it would be a great time, fun people watching, and it happens to be part of the County Fair celebration so we would maybe even get to eat some trashy, unhealthy fried food and throw a few bucks down the drain while attempting to win a cheap, useless prize. Doesn't that sound awesome!? I LOVE fairs, so I am fully on board. Hopefully I can convince James that a 3 hour roundtrip drive is worth it! Come on...The GAMBLER!! 

**BONUS** It will also provide ideal circumstances to wear my cowboy boots and some sort of redneck, fair going ensemble. wahoo!! Now I need a paisley or gingham dress!

Well, let's get on with the weekend. I'm ready for some time on the boat - maybe Sunday will be my lucky day! 

Happy weekending!



No comments:

Post a Comment