Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chia Pods.... yeah its been a very busy month!

Time flies...Summer is too awesome to be spent on a computer, blogging to no one about nothing. hence the long breaks between my posts, in case anyone has noticed. no? tear. 

it's already July 24th. Yes, 2 full days after Prince George Alexander Louis was born. Have you heard? Yeah, my dear friend Kate just had a baby boy and he's now 2 days old. I don't get to see her much as she lives in England, but I am hoping to see her soon. Oh, and her son. Yeah, I suppose her husby can join in on the fun as well - that William is really a gent. 

Here's a new product I just HAD to try. It was $3 at Whole Foods and although I admit I was skeptical, it truly was delicious! Next time I head to WF I will definitely pick up some more.





What is it? It's basically a yogurt, but with Chia seeds! And NO, it's NOTHING like rice or tapioca (I just threw up in my mouth) pudding. You canNOT taste, hear or FEEL the seeds in your mouth. In fact, this tasted like a mashed up, cold banana. I don't know if it was my mind playing tricks on me or if it was the real case, but it also kept me full for 3-4 hours. That never, ever happens to me with yogurt (unless i add lots of granola). in my opinion, it's worth the higher fat content to stay satisfied/fuller, longer. 

I've had a renewed found love for chia seeds - I even put them in some brownies i made a couple days ago. I didn't measure them and used them in place of oil, but I think they turned out just deliciously! I am happy with the results! I highly recommend it.

Here's a fun snap from 2 Fridays ago when dearest Olivia slept over. 


in addition to eating more than our fair share of cookies, we watched Wreck It Ralph (LOVED this movie!), did our nails, went to the play ground, beach, pool, and made star shaped pancakes! Olivia was a great little buddy to Nash and helped take him on a walk, even!! She learned what "Independent" means, and also what the expression "how the cookie crumbles" means. it was a fun 24 hours and although I was exhausted by Saturday evening, it was so much fun to spend one on one time with her and her imagination. She is so witty - were we all this clever when we were 6? dang. she is amazing, and i never get tired of hearing what she's going to say - or see what she's going to do - next!

OK so here's a hilarious and adorable picture I saw in an email and had to save. i thin it's the goggles that make me laugh so hard, but i don't know - it could also just be the complete personification of the pup. either way, it's so cute.



Guess that's it for today. ha, maybe this week - or month! will try to write more soon, but time is short these days! I am even surprised that tomorrow is Thursday already!! Trash day, Heidi day (trainer at my gym), and the day before Friday! So many big things on the horizon. oh, just so many...

bussing home today - wish me luck and a spot near the AC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment