Monday, July 1, 2013

hello, July!

have i discussed these Fresh Bar granola bars yet? if not, then all i say is go buy them and eat them and love them. they are delicious and satisfying and not bad for you. natural. simple. yummy. do it. keep them in your fridge...they are not crunchy like typical granola bars, but that's okay with me because they also have better ingredients than typical granola bars so it's really a WIN all around! found near the dairy/faux-dairy section coolers at Whole Foods.



we are doing a second bathroom reno! it's awesome! here we have the darling James ripping off one of the blood red walls...yes, the red idea was terrible. it looked better in our imaginations when we opted for the crimson walls. oops. no matter - they are GONE now!



I will update with more pics as they become available. (read: as I remember to take them and actually post about it all. it's summer! i don't have TIME to blog this nonsense.)

Next i must share a recent discovery of awesomeness. YES, this nullifies the above photos of the healthy granola option...however in my defense, I have purchased only ONE box of these crazy-good peanut butter poptarts and i still have 1.5 left...i have had them for over a week. that's pretty amazing self control on my behalf! anyway, if you like poptarts and peanut butter then buy these and enjoy. keep in mind they are 200 calories PER pop tart, so be careful with the over-dosing (something I am prone to doing when it comes to peanut butter anything).



Finally - here is a blurry picture from two weekends ago. this is our immediate neighbor's tree on their immediate neighbor's house! (also happens to be the house my parents used to own and I once lived in!) we don't really experience tornados or extreme, sever weather here in Minneapolis, however when we DO get a "big storm," it is the talk of the town - especially when it knocks out power for over 500,000 homes and rips thousands of trees right out of the ground. luckily for us, we have no trees land on our roof or harm our home or being. we did, however, have to sleep with no A/C or fans that night...no problemo for me! James, on the other hand, was not thrilled with sweating all night. i don't know how he survived Oklahoma summers for so many years of his life. He is more sensitive to the MN heat than almost anyone else I know. :) 



Saturday James and I popped into the Mall of America to quickly run 2 errands... so basically we spent about 3 hours at the mall! oops. OH well, it was only in the mid 70s and mostly cloudy so we didn't miss any suber-fab weather or pool time. just as we were about to leave, James suggested we check out his favorite Western store - they were called RCC Western Store but they changed their name to the Boot Barn. Kind of cheesy, yes, but still packed with amazing Western gear! hooray. My favorite find of the day was, undoubtedly, these amazing boots! Unfortunately for me they were only available in mens...maybe that was really a blessing in disguise? yeah, i'd have bought them in a heartbeat! James didn't really love them like i did so he passed.... damn. i love them. I hope they found a home with someone! love them!


This week is a little bit shorter of a week, as we have a half day on Wednesday and Thursday is my favorite holiday of the year (well, tied with NYE and Halloween. haha!), Independence Day!! Anything Red, White and Blue, I am ALL ABOUT IT!! LOVE me some "FOJ" !!!!! Pretty sure I have my holiday attire picked out and ready to roll, on land and at sea (errm, i mean river or pool). cannot wait!

Happy Monday! 

U-S-A!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment