Wednesday, June 5, 2013

may the best shoe-WIN.

feet. today's topic of blogarrhea  is feet. hooray!

Does anyone else do this? I call it a Shoe-down or Shoe-wars. Pretty much every single day (or more than once per day, depending on the weather and if I am doing a few different things/"outings" in one day) I hold a few rounds of shoe-wars. You know, since I don't have the best fashion sense out there (but enough to be able to lightly make fun of others' faux-pas!) I have to try on about 9 million different shoes to see which one looks the best, or at least the one that looks less-ugly than the others. So here is what I do. Try on two shoes at the same time, as depicted in the photos below. Then I decide which one looks better. L or R. Then I keep that first round champion and try on another shoe on the losing-foot. Which kick shall conquer? Whatever my choice, i keep it on and dig around for a round three contender. This will go on for either as long as I have time, as long as I can think of how far I will be walking that day, and until i get so fed up i just bite the bullet and go with one. It has luckily only happened once where I wore two different shoes out in public. i didn't even notice - it was my sister who called me out on it while we were walking in to target! oops. fortunately for me I really didn't care because what was I to do, aside from buy a new pair of shoes at that moment!? I already looked like a bum, so I figured what the heyyyyy, roll with it! it definitely provided endless laughs at the time - and still does!! 



The winner was the nude bootie. I think it was kind of wet out that day so I didn't want to end up with wet feet!! I am even wearing these great shoes today - right now! I love them!

do my toes look long? I've received, ummm, comments in the past regarding my finger-like toes. I am not offended, but I do find it humorous! I can pick all sorts of things up with my toes, and I am confident I would be able to legibly write my name with them too - at the very least, my right foot. not too sure about my left foot. 

One of the most humorously amazing things i've ever seen in my life was witnessing Travis Andersen pick up a baseball with his toes!! That was back when I was about 16 and we were on the baseball bus heading to a game in Red Wing. Ahh, the delights of high school boys. on a bus. MEMORIES!

now i'm off to get a pedi! this weekend MIGHT bring us some sunshine, so we must make sure my tootsies are ready to shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment