Thursday, October 18, 2012

busy busy....quick update!

back again. let's be honest. it's been made clear to me that blogging-on-the-regular is not my forte, if you know what I mean.

things that have been happening lately? let me tell you...my house finally made one giant step forward by recently acquiring not only INTERNET, but also, and more astounding, APPLE TV. YES. it's so cool... I don't know how it works, but it does. and it works in my house, on my TV, which might be the most magical thing of all.ever.and ever.amen.

ok so maybe that's a little overkill, but for those who know me, I am not the most technologically advanced person (but I DO have an electric toothbrush at least!), so having the WWW is pretty awesome and the Apple TV is just plain impressive! I've so far seen tons of TV shows I never even knew existed!! isn't that exciting? it's like adding mental clutter to my brain. just what i need!! 

another very exciting thing in my life - something that I love way more than WWW and Apple TV goodness - OrangeTheory FITNESS. oh my oh my gosh. First, thank you to my lovely neighbor Jill (ok, and Rick) for turning me on to my new favorite addiction! I highly encourage you to check out OrangeTheory Fitness (OTF) if you're into working out, sweating, pushing yourself to your limit, being awesome, kicking butt and getting your butt kicked. It's a super fun and intense workout that involves getting you into your fat-burning heart rate zone ("orange zone") and pushing yourself to -and beyond!?!- your known limits. The class is one hour quick and consists of a rowing machine (your booty will thank you!), the treadmill (half of the class time - hope you like HILLS! and bring a sweat towel!), and floor exercises (i love when it's referred to as "the floor" and "floor exercise" because it makes me think, just for a second, that I'm a gymnast!) which really are abs, weights, Bosu ball, medicine ball, resistance training, etc... Anyway, it is a fabulous workout and so far I'm in love. lust. love and lust. I want to go all the time and when I'm not there, I am thinking about being there. so, whatever that means, that's where I'm at.

one more very significant thing going on partially in my life involves my two very great friends, Kristin and Scott.... you would now refer to them simply as THE GOOLSBEYS! Congratulations on a B-E-A-utiful wedding day and marriage! Kristin and Scott "tied the knot" on Saturday, October 13th in St Paul, Mn. What a glorious day!! everything went as perfectly as possible and i am very certain that every single person had a BLAST! I am so happy for Scooter and KG....now they will head to FIJI (YES,  FIJI!!!) for ohhh, you know... a couple WEEKS! how awesome. I'm so happy for them both and slightly jealy of Fiji....ok, completely jealy.


Kristin and Scott G!


me and James...after a few drinks (and I think he's chowing on Jimmy Johns?)


Monique, me, Meredith and Kristin...pretty!!


James and Monique....something on their face??!

so that's it. next up I have to brainstorm a great halloween costume for myself (and James). I've just been so consumed with tons of other things that i've had almost no time (and brainpower) to come up with something great. Might just be another year of the Cat or Mouse or Bunny or Mummy (I love all those costumes, so I don't mind!!). we will see. James already shot down my Mickey & Minnie proposal, so I guess I've got to do better than that. but seriously, how funny would it be to see James as Mickey Mouse!! haha!!

tonight's agenda includes: baking pumpkin chocolate cookies for James to share at work, a workout session (likely a run outside), and hopefully kicking around a few new -and improved- halloween costume ideas. tomorrow morning will be another 5:30 AM workout at Orange!!!! go check it out!

cheers to a happy wednesday and here's to a speedy thursday and friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment