Thursday, May 8, 2014

springing ahead!

So far Spring has proven to be quite a busy season. And of course, it is flying by. Time does fly when you're having more fun! we have been having a great time introducing baby james to "solid" food, which basically means a rice cereal and pureed fruits and veggies. This boy LOVES to eat. I know I sound like Captain Obvious with that statement, but even though he does not particularly care for, say, mashed peas, he still wants to EAT them. He loves the fact that he is eating food like WE eat! He still takes a bottle, but now gets the rice and fruit/veggie combo 2 to 3 times a day. I think his favorite is rice and sweet potatoes, but I think mango is a close second. it's amazing how my outlook and daily highlights have changed from just 12-16 months ago. :) it IS a whole new life!


baby J watching me while I get ready in the morning


Kentucky Derby Day at our favorite, Brits!
me, Kristin G, Kristin W, Kenny (my dad!), Karin and James

May 3rd was the 140th Kentucky Derby...Derby Day is easily one of James' and mine's favorite days of the year! People really go 'all out' for this FUN day with hats, fascinators,  and seersucker suits galore! Next year we are going to make the hats/fascinators a requirement for the ladies in our group. IF you've never watched the Derby, I highly recommend it! It truly is the most exciting 2 minutes, ever!! We just casually pick a horse as they are prancing to the starting gates (on TV) and then BOOM! They're off!! Of course we have a couple Mint Juleps to get us fired up :) Hey, it's tradition!!


baby J loves watching Toy Story!! LOVE it!


Nash is so wonderfully tempered and patient! 
He just hangs out while baby J learns how to pet him nicely :) 
We are very lucky!!


"ahhhhhhhhhh!" sing the angels! 
This photo op was too perfect to pass up!



No comments:

Post a Comment