Friday, June 8, 2012

Let's DO this.

Here we go, day one.

Unfortunately, I did not hit the ground running today. Ooops, slept through the alarm?! Such a rarity. I blame the three fans (thanks, James) and the incredible sound of air rushing through the window into the boudoir - who knew moving air could be so LOUD. Loud enough to muffle the alarm - and ruin my 5:45 AM run around the lakes. Looks like we will have to tackle some miles, post work today! Now that is my idea of a happy hour!

So today is Friday and I am so happy for the weekend, naturally. is it bad that i've been stalking the weekend weather since Monday morning? is it bad if I stalk the weekend weather every Monday morning? Anyone else do this?

Before I go much further, a quick note or twelve about myself. Adult sized kid, ginger (red hair don't care! yes I'm shouting), eternally novice runner, quirky, bratty (hmmm - name of blog? anyone?), Buckeye fan/alum, sister/daughter/chick... what else.... I like to bake (notice I did not claim to be "good" at baking), be creative, create hybrid words, goof off, bust a sweat, vacation, day dream, hang out with my family, friends and boy toy... oh, and I want a dog. In a nutshell, that's a quick run down on my basics.

What's the point of me adding to the blog-smog of the world? No point, really. It's just one of those things where everyone is doing it, so I guess I better keep up with "everyone." kind of like why i went to college. ha, joking.....sort of. Really, I am blogging because I think my life is really extraordinary and I want to show everyone how awesome my every-day happenings and thoughts are, and this is the best form of social media I can use - 140 (or is it 160?) characters on Twitter is simply NOT enough, and Facebook is so yesterday (thank you, IPO flop). ha, I am kidding, again. I really am starting this blog because sometimes i have the craziest thoughts or things happen, and i just want to see if they're as amusing, ridiculous or strange to anyone else other than me. Sometimes I bitch about things I shouldn't and sometimes I like to give props to things that are deserving - so why not slap it all in a blog (that probably no one will read)?!! Plus, it feels good to let things out sometimes so it's kinda of like a venting blog, positive/negative/awesome. Please don't expect proper grammar and punctuation and other things we learned by fourth grade. this isn't a place for perfection (notice how i randomly lower/upper case my "i" and sentence starts? yeah - shit like that. I'm wild, what can i say!).

So far, I like this. At least more than I thought I would! Do you? Don't answer. In a way, I feel like as I type I'm actually storytelling to an imaginary friend. I have a lot (LOT) of experience with imaginary friends! (Insert your 'point and laugh,' here!) I had many great real-life playmates (umm, not THOSE playmates! ohh, Hugh!) growing up, but I also loved my friends who lived in my closet. Yes, that's Shylet, Violet, Kylet (which happens to be my kid sister's middle name, thanks to my imagination! and parents), Mylet, Pylet, Tylet, Rylet, etc.... I think you get the picture. Ohhh, the things we (I) did together! Maybe more on that later...or, never. We'll see.

Anyway, that's about it. Maybe I'll figure out how to post pics and other craytrol (this is one of my hybrid words! crazy + control = craytrol.... as in this is crazy/out of control, it's craytrol!) things and this will be a snazzy blog. Or maybe this will be my first and last post. Hopefully not last, though... don't you want to know how I came up with "BrattyShack?" Maybe next entry. If you're good.

Have a wild weekend!
J.

oh, hi. oh! here I am.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Ginger Bratty Self Jenelly! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete