Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tooosday!

rootin' tootin' tuesday is here!

that means the weekend is on its way. ha, you think i'm kidding, don't you!? I am always looking forward to the weekend. always. I love my job and my monday through thursday/friday, but seriously - i'm all about Friday night (relaxation) and Saturday (FUN in the SUN).

yesterday was a good day - great to be back in my routine and at work, it was a gorgeously sweaty day and James and i even scored a great 6.8 mile run in 90 degree weather. it was glorious. Unfortunately dearest Chimmy (nickname for James, courtesy of my clever momma) lost his super fast sunglasses he uses specifically for running (i think the brand is Bolle... ever heard of it? me neither!). So anyway, that was sad.

after our run and disappointing search for said shades, we fired up the grill for some dinner - he had a filet and I had a mahi steak. yes, mine was better, na-nah na-nah nahh-nah! we also grilled some zucchini and squash and I made him some yummy pistachio pudding for dessert! trust me, if you've never had pistachio pudding, you must, must try it! so wonderful! I just made the 5 minute mix and munch kind where you add 2 cups of cold milk and whisk your heart out... it sets in the fridge in 5 minutes or less and tastes like a dream. it's sugar free and when i make it for myself i use my unsweetened almond Silk brand milk... it's not as thick, but just as tasty with only 70 calories (derived from the milk - a little tiny bit more because of the mix, of course). let's  just say i don't feel guilty after crushing half a box for dessert...and the remaining half for a bedtime snack. :) speaking of guiltless desserts, I have a good one for you to post on my next entry. you won't be disappointed!! (like that teaser? now you feel like you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't check back tomorrow!)

i wanted to ask you all again for your generosity in thoughts, prayers, energy, vibes, smiles, nods, high fives, and anythings you're willing to do in the name of my Uncle John pulling through this unfortunate situation. basically we've set our sights on a miracle for him and are doing all we can to make it happen. he still has not woken from his 2nd surgery (sunday), but he's managed to have a steady flow of visitors and well wishes. here are a couple pics of him, in case you feel that your positive energy can best be directed by envisioning him and his family:


John and his wife (my Godmother) Mary


with his grandson Walker

please do your best to send him some love spirits sometime today and any day you can! on behalf of my family and his, i thank you in advance. THANK YOU. We love our uncle John. (plus, he used to call me Butch when I was just a wee chubby lass. see, he even has a great sense of humor! what's not to love!)

just because we're semi-on topic, here's an adorable and silly pic of Olivia "driving" the BMW last night after she and my parents went to visit John... silly girl, trying to take my spot in the driver's seat! (i love how her hat is kind of propped on her head in that dorky little 80's way... so cute!)



I'd like to take this time and space on the interwebs to give a shout-out to my boyfriend James, who's been wonderfully supportive of the Schwenkbeck and Weller families as of late. he hasn't missed a beat and has been at our side since this whole event blossomed last wednesday. we love you James! on a lesser note (but maybe equally impressive) he's also managed to bring my lawn from "meh" to "mahhhhvelous!" i told him yesterday that this is the best my lawn has ever looked while i've owned it, which is five years. what a feat! thank you, james! i love it! I cannot wait to lay out in the yard and have you fetch me pitchers of refreshing lemonade (maybe spiked?!). ha, jokes!! I thoroughly enjoy watching you care for the lawn while seriously busting a sweat... I think our neighbors do too... and I am always happy to bring you a cold beer whenever you need it. 


James! James! He's my man! If he can't do it, no one can!

i think that's all i've got to toot about today. i think we're grilling for dinner again, so hopefully i can find some veggies to throw in the mix as well... maybe i'll whip up the spaghetti squash, even? i'm pretty sure i already know what we'll have for dessert.... which you'll have to check up on, tomorrow! hmmm!

have a wild night!

PS- did you hear that Marisa Miller is pregnant? hot mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment