Monday, June 18, 2012

week in Wisconsin, weekend update

ooops. just when I think I'm going to be all bloggy mcbloggerson, I up and run off to northern Wisconsin for the week.... and forget to pack my interweb connection! must have slipped my mind.

ok, so that's not exactly what happened. but can i be blamed? why sit and try to type a blog about a beautiful view overlooking the lake? or fun times at the campfire? or drum playing at 2 AM? no, i can't be bothered with such blogtivity when there are actual THINGS to be done and experienced. I'd rather have fun DOING life than just wasting time writing about it, and missing out on the things that count (yes, Kitten Ball is a VERY important life experience and takes much priority over anything to do with being "on line").

so there you have it - I was in Wisco last week with my boss's family for a giant family reunion - complete with koozies! we went boating, played tennis, went fishing, practiced our Katniss skills, made s'mores, jumped off high dives into the lake... pretty much did everything and anything under the sun! the highlight, you ask? probably canoeing down the Brule River. the weather was perfect, the water was swift, and my paddle partner was wonderful! Thanks, Oklahoma Jim, for steering us down the river safely!



getting my Katniss on!


Tiffany, me and Jill at the bonfire


James fishing for trout

after the week in Wisco, James and I saw "Prometheus" in 3D. Pretty good movie - i was a little surprised to see a space ship in the opening scene, as I thought this was a movie similar to "Immortals" or "300." BOY, was i WRONG! even so, it was still a good movie and worth seeing in 3D. I really wanted to see "Snow White and the Huntsman" (even though I'm less than impressed with Kristen Stewart), but James preferred the Prometheus. thumbs up, if you like to be entertained. next time though, I get to pick the flick!

Sunday was Father's Day! Happy belated Father's Day to all the daddys of the world... we spent the majority of the day in the hospital, but I'm still thankful (probably more than ever!) for my dearest daddy-o and the other dads who've been a positive influence on my life. My dear, sweet uncle John went into the hospital last week and after and MRI, has had TWO brain surgeries. TWO. we're still waiting to hear how he's doing (yesterday was the second one), but we are very optimistic. long story short, he had a lemon sized tumor (initially believed to be cancerous) in his brain and they were unable to remove it last week... hence the second op yesterday. his wife, daughter, son in law, and grandson were waiting to "see Poppa" all day, along with my sisters, niece, bro in law, parents, and boyf (James). it was a sad way to spend a day, and Father's Day of all days, however I am thankful we could ALL be there for John. I hope all of our positive thoughts and prayers and energy payed off and continue to do so. John is an amazing person and cannot leave us yet! He's experienced more of the Weller Girls lives than any other man (aside from my dad!), and obviously still has MANY more experiences to share with his own immediate family. WE LOVE YOU UNCLE JOHN!! So please wake up and begin a miraculous recovery! :) I wish it were that simple. I will be sure to include more information on the case of Uncle John as it develops. Please be generous with your thoughts and prayers for him and his family! 

Last week was certainly a whirlwind of emotions, energy, thoughts and activity! one fun thing I have taken from the last 7 days is semi-exciting and much more of a "lighter" topic... I learned how to fish-tail braid!! 30 years into my life and homegirl can FINALLY fishtail a head of hair! even my own! Thanks to Jill for telling me how to do it, and thanks to my sis Jessica for letting my try it for the first time (i repeat, FIRST TIME) on her locks. I'll include a pic - just keep in mine this was my first attempt. :)


Jessica's fishtail

(Obviously I took a lot more away from the last 7 days than just a new hair style, but I am trying to keep things a litter less heavy right now!)

ok, that's it for now. I hope everyone out there had a great week and weekend. my next seven days look hot and steamy, just how i like 'em! Mpls should hit a humid 90 today and again a couple more times this week... then, POOF! It's the weekend again! Not sure what my plans are yet - River's Edge Music Fest? Boating? I am up for almost anything that involves being outside in the sun and FUN! (AND in a swimsuit!)

happy monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment