Friday, July 20, 2012

end of the week... at LAST.

YES for FRIDAY!


JAMES comes HOME today!! owwwww!


this morning i witnessed two things that made me shake my head. a lot. first off, i saw this ridiculous car on the way to work (apologies for the graininess of the photo)


I mean, SERIOUSLY?! I cannot ask "what was this guy thinking!?" because I think that simply, he WAS NOT thinking! WHO would do this? If you live in Mpls, you are certainly well aware of our extremely high population of Somalians - as well as Ethiopians and probably closely followed by Kenyans. but to see this vehicle ("advertisement" perhaps??) in uptown was mind boggling... should I get "U.S.A." painted across my car, I wonder? i mean, this is definitely the WTF of the day.

well, so I thought.

in the elevator in my building I had the unique opportunity to ride 46 floors with two other gals my age - on who was obviously engaged. here is their conversation (and let me add they were both wearing the ugliest, grossest freshman-dormatory-shower-like flip flops of all time. yes, i was judging!):

brunette: OMG I have like, one free weekend remaining this summer. to me, it's already fall!
blonde: really? 
brunette: yes. so may things are planned. so i am taking my free weekend, next weekend, and planning to sit down and only work on my wedding binder and scrapbooking. that's it. binder and scrapbook. well, and maybe even just scrapbook. i haven't had any time at all this summer to do anything.
blonde:  really? that's a shame...
brunnette: yes, [shakes her head in agitation], i've just had NO time...and i have SO much planning to do! i've neglected so much...

and they exited the elevator. the moment the doors closed and i was alone, i burst out into a very audible laugh. not to be a huge brat or anything (haha, umm...) but are you serious, miss brunette?? you were SO upset about not being up to date with your scrapbooking (and wedding planning, clearly) that you're devoting an entire SUMMER weekend to it? to sitting inside and pasting pictures and charms to cardstock? really? what a waste of a summer weekend!!  she is also probably one of those people who complains about winter and being "trapped" inside all the time. then when the beautiful weather is upon us, she opts to spend it INSIDE. SO strange to me!! I guess if it makes her happy, so be it. i just felt like this girl was getting very worked up over her lack of scrapbooking. sitting on her bum, scrapbooking. ugh. some people!

i'm looking forward to Chandra Scherer's wedding tomorrow night!! i cannot wait to see her and meet her fiance, David Lau. I know it will be a great time - now, just need to decide what to wear. It's supposed to be quite warm, so the "lighter" clothing, the better. AND i am excited to see mr James dressed up in his suit. :D yessss.

have i mentioned that he is HOME today? finally. 

so, come on weekend... get here already! bring on the fun... and SUN! I'm hoping to squeeze in some time under the rays, either pool or beach side. and please wish me luck on my run tomorrow morning. I have been struggling lately - my legs are t-i-r-e-d. 

********************************
i'd like to send warm thoughts to all those unfortinate families involved, in any way, withe the tragic shooting in Denver, Co last night/this morning. I can't even imagine what you all are going through and how your lives will forever be altered because of one terrible person's dreadful, mindless, selfish decision and actions. I am so, so sad for you all and the Denver community.
*********************************

have a merry little weekend to all, and BEST WISHES to (soon to be) David and CHANDRA Lau!!


No comments:

Post a Comment