Tuesday, July 10, 2012

it's been a while. what can I say? it's SUMMER!

so who wants to blog when it's 95+, sunny and beautiful outside? not me. add a sprinkle of America's birthday in there (ahem, that'd be July 4!) and voila... limited -very limited- computer time for me. but enough of the excuses.

how was your Independence Day? celebrate a little? a lot? still recovering?? the past week has been so much fun for me, after what was has been a stressful and exhausting summer for much of my family. my dear, sweet, wonderful Uncle John passed away two weeks ago and it's still not quite hitting me yet. he is, and forever will be, missed by our entire family. my heart is so sad for my aunt and cousin.... and his lovable (irresistible!!) grandson. i am still having difficulties grasping the huge loss and i can only imagine what his immediate family feels. count your blessings! tell your loved ones "i love you" all the time! no seriously, ALL the time.

anyway, the loss has been huge and incredibly sad (even though he's in a better place now), but we've still managed to have a great last week or two. in a large way, i think we've been reminded of the great importance to spending time with our family and loved ones. we have been on the boat with my parents (i am speaking for james and myself), been hanging out at my parent's house (they have a pool - clutch!) more often, and i've been appreciating james much more - like, making a valid effort to express my appreciation and love for him and all of my family. a few pics from summer lately...

canoeing cedar lake, lake of the isles, and lake calhoun...it.was.hot.

after our canoe adventure we grabbed a beer at the Tin Fish on 
lake calhoun and watched a storm roll in and out 
in a matter of minutes... check out the (double) rainbow behind us!

we definitely have been finding new things to do. while we were canoeing we 'discovered' (as in new to US!) a beach on cedar lake. it was really mellow and not packed - perfect! it also faces west (part of it) so you really get sun all day and into the evening. definitely looking forward to revisiting, either via canoe, the S.S. Lunker (my boat!) or bike...or car!

for the Fourth, we got up and ran at 6 am, then packed up the coolers and car to head out to the river to boat with my parents all day! it was a great time! too bad we had poor timing and drove home too late to see the great fireworks! ooops!


over the weekend we saw Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw in concert at Target Field (where the Twins play - new stadium). it was so incredibly fun! and i am not a country music fan - and i still had a blast. 



what next? not sure! other things we have for the summer include a wedding or two, a bachelorette party weekend (wahooo!), hopefully more canoeing and boating on the river... the possibilities are nearly endless - but summer is not. I hope to cram in as much as possible. august will be much busier for james, as he'll be in season with football (sad face for me!), but i know it will work out fine.

oh - one more thing... we saw the movie "Ted" with Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis over the weekend. it is SO funny! if you like the "Family Guy" type of humor -and Peter Griffin's voice!- this is a must see for you! we laughed so, so much and are still quoting the dang thing! just silly fun. go see it. and hopefully you don't sit next to a loud talking, popcorn chomping woman like we did! seriously people - have some common courtesy when you're in public and forced to sit next to a stranger! maybe i'll have more b!tching in my next blog. seriously. I have been seeing some crazy sh!t lately. people are boneheads and just either completely unaware or completely inconsiderate of other people.

so that's that. time to try to go rock my run. 

get wild tonight! after all, it is tuesday! shake it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment