Thursday, July 26, 2012

thankful thursday

(endless scrolling marquis in my brain right now: "friday.is.tomorrow. yessss.")

happy thursday! so, let's say i am actually consistent at bloggering.....(get it? blabbering+blogging=bloggering! that's my kind of math!).... i'd like to aim for a "thankful thursday" entry each week. or, close to it?

so what am i thankful for on this glorious thursday?

patience. i think today i will choose patience. generally, i don't have the most patience of all the people whom i know. however, I am thankful that others have puhh-lenty of patience with me. i look to them to learn how to practice more patience in my life and communication with others. for example, i know i can be a force to reckon with, i reckon. i try not to be late for things, but always think i have that one spare minute to do that one extra thing - and as it turns out majority of the time, i don't have that spare minute, so i end up running late. so i am thankful for people being patient with me when i try to do too much in too little of time and in effect wind up being LATE. another form of patience i am extremely thankful for is the patience to let me learn from my own mistakes and the patience to allow me to continue to try to be a better person. i am almost always trying to be better than i was yesterday, unfortunately a lot of my "try" attempts don't come to fruition and the day is chalked up to yet another day of effort. it's ok, though - i also have patience in myself to understand that becoming a better person is a never ending effort and i must never give up. so, thank you to the folks in my life who have the patience with me while i continue to learn and be better to and for you. 

yesterday i forgot to mention something extremely important. i wore white pants. all day. and when i changed clothes last night, i applauded myself because - guess what? I didn't spill a single drop on my new white pants!! that is really some kind of miracle! if you know me and my klutziness, you can understand this great feat! so, yay me. :) 

i went for a little jog this morning - i believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j...YOG. I went YOGGING this morning... it was just a brief three miles, but it felt so nice to be out in the morning again and enjoy the lovely sunrise over Calhoun. I might have to squeeze in another yog tonight, just to increase my mileage this week, but... we will see. i love running in the early morning, despite the fact that it means i have to crawl out of bed at 5:30. ewww.

today is a perfect day for some ice cream deliciousness as well as charitable donations - so hows about chya combine the two and stop by Dairy Queen for their Miracle Treat Day and order up your favorite Blizzard... all proceeds benefit the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. What a great reason to indulge in some frozen yum! guilt free!! (pretty much)

have a delicious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment