Friday, January 11, 2013

animals and candy = extreme happiness

Please click this hilarious link, below. 


at the very end, Lee (a local deejay who has been in Mpls since I can remember! she is the BEST!) squeals into the mic "I'm OK!!!" its so funny. poor Lee! good thing she is such a great sport!

i forgot to include a fun pic in an earlier post of one of James's mom's horses in Oklahoma. This is Sam. BIG Sam!


trust me. he is pretty big! Gray Boy is behind him...

So anyway, we saw Sam and Gray Boy over the long weekend in Oklahoma. I would sure love a horse, but am quite content with my doggie for now.


I mean...seriously. most adorable furry man, ever.

Speaking of adorable furry men, I cannot wait for Nash to meet our neighbor Brutus. Brutus is a Weimaraner and is the lovechild of Rick and Jill HARDESTY (emphasis on the last name because they are now married! holla!). Brutus is super cute and funny and I have high hopes that he and Nash will be BFFs. I know it might not necessarily be that way, but I am crossing my fingers. like, all ten of them.

Last night James and I ran some errands and ended up zipping into Kowalski's, which is the most wonderful grocery store around. Why do I give it such a stellar review? Because of this:


from the front


and the back

Yep, look at all that beautiful candy in all it's magnificent glory. it's a beautiful display. it's damn near irresistible!! I might start going to the gym twice a day, just so i can (over) indulge in this most wonderful part of the food pyramid. I like to think that there is a candy pyramid within the food pyramid. the base would be the most sugary of candies, and of course my favorites - the gummy, fruity flavored candies! this is what I would consume the most. the next, smaller tier would be the nutty/protein category. nut rolls, chocolate covered peanuts & pecans, heck we can even throw in some trail mix. the next level would be chocolate covered fruit, such as Queen Anne chocolate covered cherries and even the chocolate covered frozen bananas. sharing that tier is dark chocolate. rich, rich dark chocolate - but also has many health benefits such as....i don't know, making headaches go away and enjoying with red wine to satisfy sweet cravings? whatever, it's not important. what IS important is that it is a category of it's own awesomeness. finally, the top level would be chocolate on it's own or combined with peanut butter or nougat. these are to be consumed the least amount of all the candies, but are typically so rich that they are better in smaller qualities. So now that we are settled on my candy pyramid, I will share one last pic of why i love Kowalski's...


I LOVE cinnamon flavored anything...and
cinnamon + jelly candy + rolled in sugar = complete happiness!

This IS what I love about Kowalski's AND about Valentine's Day candy and the fact that this favorite candy of mine falls into the largest portion of my candy pyramid, so i must therefore consume this exquisite piece of sugary miracle in the largest portions. it's my not only my right, but also my duty.

aside from the candy, i don't have much else going on. just looking after Nash and trying to keep him happy and teach him a couple new commands. we are still working on getting him into his kennel without a full on wrestling match, but I am confident that will come in time.

enjoy the weekend! it's 40 today and the highs for the next two days are around 15. go figure!








No comments:

Post a Comment