Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl brings a Super Warm UP!

Super Bowl weekend FLEW by! Is it just me, or did it seem like ghost-town Sunday? I kept wondering if stores would be open regular hours...then I would remember that it's just Super Bowl Sunday...not a real holiday like President's Day or MLK Day or...well, you get it.

So anyway, we started off Sunday morning with some coffee...and fancy-schmancy mustache mugs. 


sexy and he knows it!

We also had some shoveling to do....correction: James also had some shoveling to do. What a champ. I think i should give him a golden shovel trophy or something. He's earned it! What a relief that I haven't had to bust my butt shoveling! I can just take Nash for a walk while he takes care of the snow. GREAT trade off! And afterwards, our worlds collide: my little boys enjoying each other (maybe Nash is enjoying this more than J?). 


say it with me, "awwwwe!!"

After a quick run to the gym for some StairMaster domination (hardy, har-har), it was time to prepare the Super Grub! I had a fantastic idea about taking before, during, and after pics of our food, but...well once there was edible food in front of my face, all "ideas" flew out of my head. Girls Gotta EAT! So I have ONE picture I can share. at least it turned out pretty well...in the pic and real life!



bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts with peppercorn. EZ-PZ.

We headed to the Hardestys for some football watchin', commercial critiquing, and face-stuffing and had a great time! James passed out on the couch (food coma?) a few times and i took it upon myself to constructively criticize Beyonce's half time self-obsessed seduction... mehhh, i wasn't impressed... I was happy to see Kelly and Michelle, but the positive feelings were washed away once Bey-noying gyrated herself to the floor, ending in a disgusting crotch shot. I am so happy she faked her pregnancy and was therefor able to keep her almost-svelte physique, otherwise it would have been really painful watching her shake her leg-jelly in that pleather teddy! somewhere out there is a surrogate mother i need to thank!

deep breath.... ahhhh.

James and i hit up OTF this morning for a fun 5:15 AM workout class..holy smokes, 4:45 AM comes quick! Luckily for us, the workouts are great, fun, and make a pre-dawn wakeup call totally worth the struggle. we have 30 days until we arrive in Fort Myers, so i think we are officially down to GO time. And i love it! 

The snowfall last night and this morning was beautiful!! I love the big fluffy, sticky snowflakes. On my post-gym walk with Nash this morning I saw a handful of runners heading towards Lake Calhoun and found myself feeling positive pangs of envy. Running outside in the cold, especially in the snow like we had this morning, is absolutely amazing. It's very peaceful, calming, and very rewarding! I miss my cold-weather snow runs...maybe I can get one in this weekend. Trust me - as long as you dress appropriately for the weather and activity, it's an awesome experience! and the sights are BEAUTIFUL! 

Today's high is about 27 degrees Fahrenheit, which is a definite warm-up! hooray!! I think i may even have to bust out my *new* Sorel boots for our evening walk with Nash! they are totally waterproof, warm, and cute!! my current ones are alright in terms of warmth, but are not waterproof - which in this weather is a must-have attribute! 

Like the lights in the SuperDome, I'm out!
Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment