Wednesday, February 6, 2013

what's in a name?...Nash and, of course, BOOTS. Let's GET 'EM

ok. WHAT is up with people naming their kids ridiculous names? no, they are not even names...they are WORDS. Hi, my name is "Chaos." Hi, my name is "Barbados." Hi, my name is ridiculous. I recently read a blog of a distant acquaintance (sounds redundant, I know, but that's who she is) and the names of the new babies in her family are flat out silly. One of the names, I will use Michael as an example, is simply the same sound but the first letter is replaced: Tichael. Another name is the name of a tropical island but just spelled differently.  If you ask me, which NO body did, I think these names are trashy and obnoxious. Oh well. I am very thankful for my unique name, but still admire my sisters' names, Jessica and Kristin. They are both simple and both of these women have personalities that far exceed their semi-common names. Anyway, I think those bogus names are just outlandish cries for attention and quite tacky. No thanks.

wow, how about a positive post for once, eh?

Sorry. I have had this terrible, nauseating pain in my neck/shoulder/back for about three weeks and I think it's really making me much more sour than usual. Please, excuse me. 

While at a used furniture store the other day, I ran into this little gem that will soon be my Grandpa's birthday gift. it's beyond perfection.


I hope he loves it. he will!

Last night Nash was being his usual goofy self and allowed me to hold an impromptu photo shoot, with him serving as my main model. mo-dellll. look how handsome he is!! 


it's almost a mug shot! he's under arrest...for being too cute! and funny.
Sorry, was that too corny?


and here he is, smiling his little grin when 
he knows he's being too cute for me to say "no." stinker.

yes, i am officially one of those pet-parent people who is constantly doting over her pet, as she has no human children. i love to talk about him, how my life has changed because of him, take and post pictures of him...and yes, i absolutely speak to him as if he can and does understand the english language. right now i am trying to train him to understand my facial expressions and body language. so far he seems to understand my death-stare (when he needs to chill the heck out!), my smile and kisses face, and when i wave hello to him. more useful things I need to train him on are commands such as "stay" and "down," in terms of jumping up on us when he gets super excited. I am telling you, he just has lots of love and energy that he can't keep contained! 

we are supposed to get some more snow coming up in the next day or two, so I hope to snap some pics of him wearing his new super-sporty jacket. really, he is just the most stylin' doggie on the block...well, along with his BFF Brutus, of course!

I cannot wait to get home tonight - my new Sorel boots finally arrived and they are waiting for me!!! ahhh! BOOOOOTSSSSS!!! LET'S GET'EM! I am pumped. so are my feet. both of them.

watch THIS - it is the most amazing song ever and every female worthy of $300 boots must see this. it's a life changer! thank me later. OhMyGod.

check it OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment