Thursday, August 23, 2012

girl with the curl

it is thursday! wanna know what I'm thankful for today? kelsey! kelsey and her ingeniousness! is that a word? 

over the weekend kelsey and i were talking about hair. it's actually been an ongoing topic of exploration and discussion between us. her hair always, always looks phenomenal... ever since I met her before our trip to France 15 years ago, homefry has had quite enviable locks. so anyway we were talking about doing our hair and using flat irons, different sized barrels curling irons, rollers, etc. well, she thought of this "new" (to me) way to put hair in rollers to achieve the type of wave/curl that has been my desire for quite some time. typically my hair does not hold a curl very well, and it's long length doesn't help the cause much (but i refuse to have short hair!). well, kelsey showed me  new technique and so far i am liking it!! it produces a mid-length wave, versus just a light curl/swoop at the ends... I feel much more 2012 than 1999 and I am so happy!! now watch - the hair style will now go "out" and i will be behind the new do' by a few years, yet again! ha. oh well, i'm used to it by now. 

i'm still in the stage of "training" my hair to achieve this mid-stand wave look, but I am very optimistic and pleased, thus far. this is what it looks like before i run my fingers through it or lightly brush it (i cringe at the fact I cannot just simply brush my hair... but, i am learning!!)



as you can see, it's not perfect - nor will it ever be! this is me we're talking about here, not some girl who actually knows how to style her hair!! but i must admit that this is an improvement and is going to get better, i just know it.

so thank you, dearest Kelsey Jean... i appreciate your clever approach to hair and you sharing your ideas with me. I look (and feel!) much more in the "now" styles than i usually do - all thanks to you. what a great bestie.

maybe next time we hit the town i will do this to my hair and try to include a pic of the ol' coiffure as it survives the night. or at least tries to survive the night.

one more sleep till the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment