Thursday, August 9, 2012

thriday!

it's thursday...but pretty much friday. i am counting my weekend starting a little early... like, tonight early! i am exhausted.

Kristin's bachelorette party is this weekend and a lot of planning has been poured into many small details... we sure hope things go as smoothly as planned! tomorrow I will be making champagne flavored jello shots, some fun adult, lady-like (read: BUBBLY!) boat drinks, and packing for a fun filled weekend with KG, Monique, Meredith, Jenny, Lindsay, Katie, Kristen, Leah and Michelle. I think that's everyone - ten of us, all in all. 

before i start a post about that (ok, before i spill too many details! Kristin doesn't know our actual plan...YET.), i need to follow up with bacon. THE MAPLE KIND. coincidentally, it is also my chosen  topic for "thankful thursday." I am thankful that I am NOT a bacon-fanatic and can have just a small piece and be satisfied. I must admit, this MAPLE  KIND of bacon was a piece of deliciousness wonder, but i'd take a bag full of sour patch kids over a few pieces of bacon, any day. hello, sweet tooth!

so chef James was sweet (and hungry!) enough to fry this crack-like swine up for us. after nibbling on a lot of the cooked strips, he proceeded to fry HIS EGGS (oh, but at least they were only egg whites! must watch out for cholesterol!) IN the BACON GREASE! Are you paying attention to what I am saying!? he fried his eggs in grease. in a lot of grease. they tasted yummy, but were definitely too rich and greasy for my long-term liking (sounds like Miami! badum-chhh!). Anyway, a bite was about all i could handle, as a whole plate full of greased up bacon and greased up eggs (whites only, remember!) would probably do some work on my tummy. and skin!!

nonetheless, here are some photos we snapped along the way...


the grease, waiting for the egg whites to arrive...


egg whites are here!


...and they are sizzling!! (note not only the bacon in the background, but also 
the splattered bacon grease all around the pan! gross!!)


ta-daaa!!!! clogged arteries, comin' right up! but hey, it tastes SO GOOOOD! 
LIKE MAPLE SYRUP!


this is the amount of grease left over after the eggs were made (and devoured).
that's a lot, but is nothing compared to what he started with!

so that was our breakfast dinner! thats an awful lot of grease to be consumed, but i guess that's a perk of being a guy.... i don't think it phased him! I am pretty sure i'd be full-blown Michelin Woman the next day if i had devoured the same for my dinner. thankfully i find complete happiness in an egg white omelette with a sprinkle of feta cheese. just please, don't break out the sour patch kids - because I cannot and will not resist!

extra special thanks go to James for entertaining me with this wacky and wild way of what I have referred to as "southern cooking." I've never, ever seen eggs prepared in leftover bacon grease... it was fun to watch and he was a great sport when it came to poking fun and this new discovery (to me!). 

I am so lucky to have a boyf who can make a killer (literally??) breakfast, lunch and dinner... and icing on the cake: he cleaned the stove spotless when done. now THAT is love!

No comments:

Post a Comment