Friday, August 24, 2012

it's friday afternoon. what do you expect?

i am so sick of stupid drivers.... really, i don't know what to do. people are so flippin' dumb when they are driving, i can't believe it. sometimes i wish i could have a dash-cam and upload recordings to this site from my commutes to and from work each day. 

i think the top two pisser-offers wold have to be bicyclists who do not obey the street laws and the suburbanites who are driving in "the big scary city" for what must be the first time. 

the dumb hipster cyclists are awful. how can you pedal with your legs suffering from lack of blood flow because your recycled levi's are so damn tight? why don't you stop at red lights and stop signs? why don't you ride closer to the curb/side of the road, instead of in a zig-zag pattern taking up half of my motorized vehicles lane? why do you flick me off after I beep at you because you cut me off while you blew that stop sign and almost smash into my big ass SUV that will crush you into a blob of Goodwill blue dot sale flannel wearing hipster-mess? you are not better than me and my fuel guzzling all wheel drive vehicle. you will not win on pavement in neither summer nor winter. so get your overpriced Bianchi out of my lane! PS nice lens less horn rimmed glasses, punk. go drink a PBR and pretend to be original. ...can you tell I hate them? if you're going to pedal your dirty self down the roads in which I pay taxes on (via fuel taxes as well as license and registration taxes and fees), then at least have the courtesy to use hand signals when you're turning, do not weave in and out of cars, do not ride between lanes, so close to vehicles that your stupid handle bars scratch the paint (yes this happened to me). and have the common sense too - you are ONE person on a BIKE. we are ten times your weight, power, mass, speed.... we will smash you like a turd if you are not aware of us (as much as we must be aware of you). 

as for the folks coming in to downtown for a twins game or a fancy dinner or just to see the skyscrapers (ehhh, sort of) in minneapolis...drive aggressively! pay attention to street lights and signs! have your passenger riding shot gun help navigate you. yellow light does NOT mean slam on the brakes! no, no, no! you must be aggressive and stop being so scared. you're going to have to be quick both with the turn signals (please use them) and steering wheel, as well as with your thinking. here's a hint - before you drive to downtown, mapquest/TomTom your destination and figure out the best route you should take. don't be surprised when you try to go west down Sixth Street or east down Seventh Street - all of the streets run only east or only west, depending on whether they are even/odd numbered. figure it out! you're wasting my time while trying to figure out why you cannot turn east on ninth street and blocking all the traffic behind you. just like reading a recipe through once or twice before you start mixing ingredients. have a plan, be familiar, follow through. duh.

so there is my friday rant. I am just so tired, so tired of these idiots trying to drive and really just putting my safety as well as their own (ok, and my time and sanity) at serious risk.

james has a scrimmage tomorrow at carleton... i doubt i will make it, so its looking like i have another free day to do whatever i want (dare i venture to mall of america again? i do have some returns to make...!). i definitely would like to log another "long" run, but i think length will be determined by what time I go and the weather. if it's rainy, i will hit the mall fo-sho and maybe settle for the gym. i guess i need to get reacquainted with the stair master (or, as i call her, the stairbitch) for fall/winter so maybe a quick sesh would do our relationship some good (and make my booty and thighs scream sunday/monday). 

oh yeah, here are some things that made my day today...


can you read that? END of an ERROR 2013... implying 
Obama is the error. haha, i love it.


and then there is this little lovely. i have one that's very similar already;
it's a cross body though, and has 
2 rows of beautiful suede fringe in this same grey-ish color. 
looks just like these: 


*I would like to point out/let it be known that I bought my bag over 2 years ago, as I am a firm believer that fringe never, ever goes out of style, you just have to know how and when to wear it. but i was quite ahead of the trend that is now fringe. it kind of bums me out that fringe is so "big" now, because I liked being different. oh well. i love the fringe, regardless.*

fingers crossed that we can go to the state fair on Sunday! if not this Sunday, then next!! i cannot wait to get my fun on a stick! more deets on the GREAT MINNESOTA GET TOGETHER, later.

go find a happy hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment