Monday, August 20, 2012

monday meh-ness.

so it was friday evening and i went for a great run... then i must have blinked... and here we are on monday. where did the weekend run off to? what on earth did i do with 48+ hours? i feel like i don't even remember. well, aside from logging three great (and much needed!) runs and a unique trip to the mall of america ("MOA"), the weekend escaped me. sheesh!

let me bore you with tidbits from my runs. friday evening 6.2 miles, saturday 8.3 miles, and sunday evening 3.2 miles. why only 3.2 miles? well, because it was what i deem a fast run. my pace was under 8 minutes miles, which is good for me (yes I am serious, I consider that good!) for a total of 3 miles. so although my mileage was quite below average, the pace was, according to my Nike GPS watch (best Christmas gift EVER, thanks to James!!), my fastest 5K (since January 2012). so, yay for me. saturday was just a gorgeous day and i have been craving a "long" run (long = over 7 miles).  it was very refreshing!

sunday i went to MOA for no apparent reason. well while in Sephora playing with perfumes the power went out!! poof! it was quite surreal. long story short, the whole west wing of MOA (from Macy's to Nordstrom) lost power and i think pretty much all of those stores affected closed for the day! bummer for me, because i was unable to buy the goodies I had picked out (maybe a blessing in disguise, for my wallet?!). so strange though... isn't it?

i'm throwing in some very random pics today because i fell like this is a random enough post. so enjoy!


want these. at Nordstrom... but i forgot to go look at them yesterday. whooops.


my dindin from friday and probably again tonight: eggplantzza! 
pizza made with sliced eggplant, spaghetti sauce, 
rosemary, garlic and mozzarella.
mmmmmm!! yes, they are healthy!


hahaha maybe my fave pic of the weekend? yes, i think so! 
saw this bad boy in the parking lot after shamelessly crushing 
a big ol' chop salad at Champps. love me some Sconnies!


hmmm. for Kelsey. :) might have just stumbled across a gem here.


here's to a (hopefully) nice, steady run tonight... oh Monday...i never really miss you.

party on.

No comments:

Post a Comment