Wednesday, November 14, 2012

are we there yet?

thursday already! friday is almost here!

oh wait..what? it's only WEDNESDAY?! dang. well, at least we got through the "MT" part of "MT...WTF!!" right?

so, here are two umm, two links worth a peek:


ha. go look.

done? ok.

so, i made these pulpfins.

here we go again with the WTF... WTF is a pulpfin!? well, my latest obsession (aside from orange theory fitness, mustaches and trying to adopt a pup) is concocting new "jucipes" for our new...ta daaa...juicer! so far, i am still in heaven. so anyway, you can use the rejected parts (ahem, pulp!) of the fruits and veggies as ingredients for other recipes. like muffins. hence, pulpfins. the only thing that makes these cleverly-named snacks even better is the fact that they are healthy!! at least my version:

1/4 C coconut oil (melted)
3/4 C (maybe a little more?) pulp (mine: mostly carrots, apples, celery, cucumber, ginger root)
1/3 C plain Fage greek yogurt
1/3 C truvia fake sugar crap
1 and 1/4 C Almond Flour
1/4 C brown sugar (i think? maybe not?? I cannot remember if i added this or not)
3 egg whites
1 T vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 C golden raisins
lots of dashes of cinnamon. and then one more for the hell of it.



I am pretty sure that was it. I kept adding things until it looked "right." bake muffins (dough is not runny at all) at 330 or 350 for 12-15 minutes in dark, greased tin. (this was made up, on the fly. feel free to color outside the lines if you try this. I was missing a few ingredients i wanted to use so i was shootin' from the hip. next time I will swap in apple sauce for the oil and yogurt and skip the truvia. just to see what happens and to make them healthier.)

ok, this morning (yes, more juicipe talk) i used a grapefruit, ginger, oodles of carrots, half a bunch of kale and 2 apples...and all it tasted like was grapefruit! note to self: grapefruit flavor trumps all other flavors. it was really good, but i love grapefruits. so there ya go.


this morning's ingredients


this morning's pulp - i saved it for more pulpfins!


an aerial view of my breakfast (juice!)

mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

random bit of excitement: J and I booked our trip to Fort Myers today! we will go in March to celebrate my Grandpa's 80th Birthday! hooooray! cannot wait! but I guess i'll have to.... annnnd Kokomo by the Beach Boys just came on my pandora. haha. perfect timing. I def want to get there fast and then take it slow.

i meant to post this yesterday, so pretend this is my tuesday post (i will color it differently as to symbolize that it was from yesterday):
i really wish the Pooping Bandit (an "unknown" lady who works on my floor) would stop ruining my bathroom breaks. it's so awkward to walk into our restroom (we share with the whole floor, which is comprised of three businesses) and just have to pee quickly, but in the neighboring stall someone is .... well you know, it's awkward. it's like... why do you have to poo for 15 minutes? sometimes I will go in there, see the Bandit's shoes in her  stall, and just leave and try to come back later. it's so awkward. why are you in there for so long? why do you get super quiet when you hear me come in? and remain quiet till I leave? I can still hear you when I leave the bathroom. i know what you're doing. just POO and GO! it's not that hard.

or maybe it is?

yuk! you nasty!

back to normal talk...I bought new gym shorts yesterday at Dick's Sporting Goods and i love them. i love/hate going into those stores - i LOVE looking at all the cool under armor and nike running crap...i fantasize about buying so much of it... and i hate leaving without buying any of it. dang. i wish it were not so expensive...but i know it's worth the $$. such a dilemma!! i want it all! and I need new running shoes. $ $ $ out the window.

oh, and now we have Cyndi Lauper on Pandora.... we really DO just wanna have fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment