Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Buckeye weekend, bathroom chatter and of course - Turkey day preps!

ok. the pooping bandit... she set up camp in the restroom again today...ugh. i don't even want to describe it any more than "set up SERIOUS camp" in HER stall yet again... so long... so many flushes... so annoying. nothing makes my trip to the bathroom, for a simple mid morning tinkle, more uncomfortable than this lady. get IN, make your deposit, and get OUT! daayyummm.

oh man, I am excited for Thanksgiving. I have been missing doing something "family" for a while, so this should give me my fill until CHristmas. :) aren't I sassy today?!

Last night James and I went to see "Lincoln." it was good!! warning: do not drink approximately 30 ounces of juice (carrots, celery, apple, ginger, pineapple - in case you were curious) and then another 20 ounces of delicious hot Tazo Tea right before you go to this wonderful 2.5 hour flick. yeah, i did it - and i do not recommend it. definitely made a mad-dash for the toily an hour into the film, after debating said mad-dash for 20 minutes. even with the self inflicted intermission, it was a great movie and worth the $10 per ticket and 2.5 hours of no fluid intake. 

wow, two references on the bathroom within the first 5 minutes of my post!? hmm, what's on my mind! yuk

the latest adventure in my life was cruising over to Madison, Wi on Friday night with our great neighbors, Rick & Jill Ma, to see Ohio State beat Wisconsin on Saturday at Camp Randall. OH, what FUN!! It was a superb time and i'd love to make a tradition of it! it was a LONG day Saturday, but we met tons of fun, crazy, friendly people. I think the best folks were, whom I deemed, two members of ZZ Top. They had badgers as hats!! Obviously Wisco fans (ahem, Wisconsin Badgers!), these dudes had dead badgers turned into awesome Daniel Boone inspired chapeaus. super cool - and they were hilarious guys!


badger hats, zz top, and the 
guy on bottom has a beaver hat. go figure!


our view of the game. GO BUCKS!


Jill Ma and Rick...hey, it's Movember! 


in the game, being photo-bombed by the saddest fan.ever. 
is she crying?

yeah, the weekend was a blast and we had a relatively easy commute back to Mpls, especially compared to trying to leave Minneapolis Friday, get THROUGH St. Paul and onto Wisco. Holy cow, what traffic! poor rick :( must have been annoyed trying to get through the build up. of course there was an accident so it plugged up 94. typical. BUT I hope everyone was ok - the wreck site looked pretty bad. 

this morning I tried out another new recipe for "healthy cookies." they were great, but to me they are more like healthy little bite size poppers. one and a half mashed bananas, about a third cup of plain apple sauce, a splash of egg white, a few dashes of cinnamon and just about two cups of plain quick oats. baked in little look-alike cookie shapes on a pan for 12 minutes at 350...et...voila! i ate them all! about 10. ok maybe 12. but they were so little!! oh, and i threw in some golden raisins for about half the batch. i did not see anything wrong with devouring them all, even though it started off unintentionally. there's nothing unnatural in them, no sugar added, fat, etc... just simple. and not messy at all, so i just kept pop pop poppin' em!! definitely making more tonight!

wish me luck tonight; i have some major cleaning and organizing to do, as well as one very important mission. tonight, my friends, i must go to the grocery store to find the most delicious, succulent, flavorful rolls OF ALL TIME. yes, you guessed it. my responsibility for Thursday is to BRING ROLLS. Yes, that's my task. my MISSION. and I have chosen to accept it. never mind that I am an adult who owns her house, has a job, can bake - can read recipes and follow instructions quite well - let me bring the rolls. apparently my family does NOT trust me enough to bring something as important as PIE or CORN or even the olive tray. no no, let me bring THE ROLLS. just like I did when I was in college. hmmm.

i am also bringing wine, but I'm not sure whether that will be shared or not. they can have the rolls.

i hope i don't get beat up at the store tonight - these holidays always bring out the most aggressive housewives shopping for their PERFECTLY PINTERESTED dinners.




No comments:

Post a Comment