Thursday, November 1, 2012

three weeks till thanksgiving! and pantless PRIDE.

it's the final countdown!....until Thanksgiving, that is. mmm, yum. I cannot wait to see Pinterest blow up with (even more) ideas and insane creations to celebrate the brown holiday. yes, the brown holiday - and I'm not talking UPS. it's the brown holiday because of obvious reasons... we brown out on thanksgiving eve, turkeys are mostly brown (at least in my head), pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes are mostly brown, autumn ales are mostly brown, the trees and grass are brown... so it's the brown holiday.

still wondering what "brown out" means? think about it. the night before thanksgiving, what do TONS of people do (who don't have kids, most likely)? duh, hit the bars! so you don't black out, you.... got it?

so Halloweenie weekend was pretty dang fun. James rocked a handle bar mustache (REAL!) and paired it with a COP shirt and other appropriate accessories, Cody was a PIMP, Karin was a foxy FOX, Kristin was a taxi CABBIE driver, and i was a KITTY. we stuck to the Lyndale Avenue bars and had a ball! the night flew by. so much fun!


Cop. Kitty. makes sense.

 

Kitty. Cabbie. also makes perfect sense.

I do have to be honest. I did not wear pants on Saturday night. I can't help it! A couple years ago I went to a Lady Gaga concert and my life was forever changed. how? well, because I did not wear pants to Gaga - that was my first pantless outing - and it was awesome. i wore, basically, bikini panty bottoms with suspenders and a blazer and - well it was Gaga so we wore whatever our Monster hearts desired!! and to think, I was one of the more conservative outfits of the dresser-uppers at the show! what a hoot. so if you ever get the chance to go see Lady Gaga, GO! and leave your pants at home! anyway, Saturday I wore undergarments for my outergarments. of course! it was fun parading around town in what looked like a leotard. i love halloween, and this is a new reason (just one of many) why! meow.

the best part of halloween is no longer the dressing up, the candy, or carving pumpkins. the NEW best part of halloween is this:


I'll have some CHEESE, please!

Yes, of course that would be miss Olivia! how cute is she!! what a perfect mouse...the one and only mouse i want in my house! squeak!

one of my friends shared this amazing pic with me - any OHIO STATE fans out there will dig this!


 I MEAN COME ON! that is so bad a$$. I'm so proud.
O-H!!    I-O!!

Sunday morning after the witching hour we went to brunch - of course - at Town Hall Tap near Lake Nokomis. here's a pic of half of our breakfast menu... my favorites!!!


delicious!!

Something new James and I have been exploring is thanks to a documentary we recently watched, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly DEAD!" It's basically about a man who saves his own life by cutting out his partying, fast food, eating out, unhealthy habits, and switches to consuming only juicer "meals" for 60 days. he lost something like 85 pounds and gained a healthy new lifestyle. he also inspired a man along his journey to do the same, and the two of them have inspired thousands of people (at least, I'm sure!!) to make healthy adjustments - or UPGRADES as I call them! - in their own lives. James and i decided we should do more clean eating, at least on the weekdays, to help detox our bodies and help fill up on nutrients. We are pretty healthy eaters, as is, but what got me is the chance to detox our bods. get out all that crap we've been collecting over the months, YEARS, and reboot! my booty could use some rebootin', if ya know what i mean. wink WINK. 


new juicer - Breville - and this is a mixture of carrot juice and kale. 
we added ginger root and lemon and it was AWESOME!! 
it tastes delicious and refreshing and i want more! 


mmm! this was just celery, lemon, and apples. also DELICIOUS!

aside from halloween, the new juicer, and the cutest mouse in the universe, that's all for this week. hopefully tomorrow i'll have more to add about some other things going on lately and whatnots. 

thankful thursday... yes, i know. i am thankful for the opportunity to wear NO PANTS to bars and not get thrown out on the streets. oh, what a feeling of FREEDOM! thanks to all the women before me who fought to "wear the pants." I hope you're not rolling in your graves as I celebrate finally NOT wearing pants. glorious freedom.

on that note...
God Bless AMERICA!



1 comment: