Tuesday, November 6, 2012

weekend recap and elmer fudd hats

ok. So we all know Pinterest is amazing. it shows us how to bake amazing eight course meals with only three ingredients at half the calories and teaches us how to make a gorgeous reupholstered storage ottoman using a newspaper and hot glue gun.... but what is up with the "women's apparel" category? I mean, I love the outfits and all, but I do not qualify any of those 5' 10" 105 lbs. 20 year olds as passable for what I am supposed to envision myself looking like in tights, a mini and booties. and how do leggings, a chunky open cardigan and low wedged boots qualify as a "winter" outfit!? c'mon ladies, if you really knew about real winters, you'd know that anything short of a fur lined Elmer Fudd hat (which, by the way, gives your "victoria's secret waves" hair STATIC!) and a shin-length parka from Fleet Farm is just not enough! 

here, in a less cynical version - I love the outfits but am less than captivated with most of what I see because at this point, it's all the same. leggings, tights, or "sweater tights" can only be worn so often with mini skirts or "tunic length" floppy, "cozy" sweaters. I'd like to see more variation - and not on gals who have toothpicks for legs. you all look adorable, but it's just not realistic. and I know someone could point the over the knee boot at me and ask why I don't make up my own outfits to share and go Pin-wild with online, but let's be real... I just don't have it in me. I don't have the time, creativity, fashion sense, or full length mirror with great lighting to pull this fantasy into the reality i (try to) live in.

aside from being annoyed yet impressed with Pinterest lately, i've tried a couple new juicipes (Juicer + Recipe = JUICIPE) and have been thoroughly satisfied with the outcomes (today? carrots, celery, ginger root, apple and a handful of spinach. DELICIOUS. no joke!!). Orange Theory has still been handing my tail to me a couple times a week and I am planning on upping my membership to monthly unlimited! yes. loving it.

last weekend was a great weekend - James's parents came up all the way from Oklahoma! unfortunately I was sick Friday through Sunday morning, but we still managed to have an enjoyable time and show them Minneapolis, St Paul and even southern Minnesota. I took Olivia to the football game Saturday and had the best time with her. She is such a goof ball and makes me laugh and definitely made me forget about feeling sick for a few hours. After the game we went to the farm with Ma and Pa Kilian and my parents and had some hot dogs, burgers and watched football and the Breeders Cup. We were home at a reasonable hour and passed out once our little heads hit the pillows. 

All in all, it's been a great November so far (holding my tongue regarding the Elections!) and I am looking forward to moving right along into a wonderful December and Holiday Season.

pics from the fun...


babysitting Olivia at the game. she was very well behaved.


olivia being a lioness...wearing my furry scarf. rarr!



"duckie, put me up there!" 
"no hunny, you will fall off!"
"no I won't. I will sit up there!"
and...she fell off.


me, baby O and James after the Breeders Cup. 
Our horses lost. wah wahhh.

Tomorrow I get to go to Olivia's school and be her "special guest" for the day! She asked me to be her special guest! swoon. that made my week. I've never looked so forward to going to school, until now! (except maybe in 9th grade when I had a mega crush on a certain someone. ahh. memories.) I am excited to see her school and experience Olivia interacting with her school friends. 

Oh - I almost forgot another highlight since my last post!


I hopped a jet to Paris right-quick. 
just for the day, you know. no big deal. 
ooh la la!

Happy no-more-political commercials!



No comments:

Post a Comment