Monday, November 12, 2012

stashes of staches

the weekend was fast and furious...and had an overwhelming amount of mustache-induced fun.

Friday night James and I saw Man With the Iron Fists, which is one of Quentin Tarantino's latest flicks. and of course, we both loved it! I can't say much about it other than go see it. BUT be warned - it's super gory! not like, 300 or Gladiator gore, but really bloody and...well you know how QTar. is with his quirkiness in films. just see it! and definitely not suitable for kids.

we actually saw that flick at the Mall Of America theater... hello, ghetto! I can see why no one goes there! it's more of a pick up joint than a movie theater. There were two girls, approximately 18 years old, in the theater who were dressed for da club, hard core, who were basically skirttin' around the theater to another group of approximately 18-19 year old ghetto thug wannabe's, TALKING loudly and being super obnoxious. If you know me, you know I have almost a negative amount of patience for disrespecting, annoying behavior like this. let's just say those two hod rats didn't last too long. the kicker was that James and i watched them walk right into the theater before the show started FOR FREE! they didn't even have a ticket and the so-called ticket taker/usher did not stop them... so annoying. too bad for MOA, because it's crap like that, that makes movie goers like James and me go to a different theater! 

anyway. Saturday I was feeling like crap again (which is why we did not do anything too taxing Friday night) but mustered up the energy (haha) to go to the Metrodome to see the Carleton Knight's last football game of the season. it was a lot of fun and the new Mr. and Mrs. Goolsbey met me there...so I was lucky enough to hear all about their honeymoon in FIJI!! It was AMAZING!! Definitely a new item on my bucket list!! more like bucket novel. haha, it is never ending!


James and his senior receiver, CJ Dale.
sad, it was CJ's last game! he is such a doll. 
and yes, he is standing on his tip toes.

After the game we chowed some apps at Rudolph's, then headed home to shower up for "German Night" in Saint Paul. Happy Birthday to Cody! we met at Glockenspiel ($40 cab ride later! shiiiiit!), then headed to Patrick McGoverns, then home again (+$40 again! crap!). it was a really fun night and so great to see so many people I've not seen in what seems like forever. for...ev...errrr. (Sandlot, anyone?) we had little mustache tattoos for our fingers and probably obsessed over them a little too much. but seriously - when in doubt, whip out a finger-stache! 


Kristin, me, Karin and staches


Me and James...getting really excited
 over the finger-staches, i guess.

my neighbor and buddy Jilly Bean (Jill. Jillian. Fiance of Rick. whatevs) spent the long weekend in Palm SPrings (or maybe Palm Desert?) for her Bachelorette Party (!!!) and sent me some fun pics... this is all I will share for now. I need to get her signed permission before I share any of the other pics online. :) hilarious. see? it was a wild stache party from coast to coast!


please note the nail polish color. do we love? 
umm, YES. E21, right Jill?

wait, are you sitting all alone in a corner? what?

Sunday we spent the day at the Carleton Football Banquet and had a great time. Carleton is a gorgeous campus and i really felt like I was at Hogwarts the whole time - the buildings are very Harry Potter-esque and the weather was slightly overcast so it really just felt like i just might come upon a game of quiddich at any second! 

did i lose ya with that last comment?

what a fun weekend. just looking forward to getting back on the workout regimen ASAP tonight (took three days off due to illness and staying way too long at the banquet! oh...and trading my date with the treadmill in for...i cannot believe i almost forgot...SKYFALL on Sunday night!), and then off to MADISON this Friday for the Ohio State versus Wisconsin football game Saturday! hooray! as I told james last night, i FINALLY get to spend the week obsessing over what I will wear on Saturday to the game!! must be warm and cute, right?! :) executed in plenty of scarlet and gray!

so back to Skyfall. Yes. go see it! awesome. I think the opening credits are the best I've ever seen for a movie - and they set the bar high for the whole movie. worry not, the movie was right on par with the opening credits! loved it. i was not let down at all...and Javier Bordem was AWESOME!!!! great flick. go see it. now! next up on my movie list is Argo. and The Master. and Frankenweenie. and Django (when it opens). so, a lot of movies. :) which is fine by me! considering today's high is 29, I think we are just about in full swing of movie theater season!

happy monday. stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment