Thursday, November 8, 2012

gimme gimme MORE SUGAR. Christmas Style!

eeek! how crabby was my last post?! my bad. more like my bad side taking over.

i just got back from a relaxing trip to the mothership (more commonly referred to as Target) and oh boy, was it fun! do you know what I found? what i discovered? the magical goodness in which i unveiled? 


please note the holiday (ok, CHRISTMAS!) sour patch kids on the lower shelf, too!


hello, my love!! 
you come but once a year and uplift my holiday spirits, 
caloric intake, trip to the refrigerator, 
and overall outlook on my daily life. 
thank you for making your special guest appearance earlier than ever, this autumn!!

Seriously... i could have spent 45 minutes taking pictures of the Christmas Candy Galore Aisle today! it was filled with everything old and way, way too much everything new to list! let's just say i love peppermint, cinnamon, mint+chocolate and gummie ANYTHING - and this, my friends, this aisle was nothing short of impressive. once i regained consciousness after blacking out, i dried my tears of joy and picked just one bag of candy to take along with me back to my reality. what did i chose? mint M&Ms. thank tiny baby Jesus that I started my month of unlimited classes at Orange Theory so I can burn all calories necessary to zero-out those I'll be consuming from this amazing surplus of CANDY in my life.

I must admit that I also bought this delicious reddi whip (Target brand - "real" reddi whip does not carry this flava!) to add to things like my coffee, ice cream, or just a naked shot to my mouth. let's be real, that's the option i go for 95% of the time. don't judge.

ok my sugar high is fading... on to a new topic. trust me, this will be revisited aplenty in the next month or two. me = love sugar.

last saturday night olivia stayed with my parents at the farm overnight. we had just spend a good portion of the day together at James' football game at Carleton, and I think we had a lot of fun bonding. we are both pretty silly together (olivia and i, that is) so we really have "unique" fun. like, making silly noises, faces, games, names, and other all around goofy ways to spend your time. (note: i say SPEND our time, not PASS our time, because we really SPEND it. she wears me out! we utilize every moment of our time wisely and I simply love, love it. as much as i love sugar! maybe more!) so when I got home saturday night and crawled into bed, here is the pic my mom (whom olivia calls "Nan") sent me


to die for!!

and here's what I sent back...


obviously not as adorable - not even close - 
but at least my camera (iphone) 
and pic look like much higher quality 
than my mom's phone camera (droid). go figure.

so anyway - those are the pics for today. two of my favorite things: candy/sugar/sweets and my candied, sugary, sweet Olivia.

tomorrow night i am going to the "all star session" of Orange Theory Fitness...i am super pumped to go and get my butt kicked for 75 minutes! our usual class is only 60 minutes and it is EXHAUSTING so I am eager/afraid to see what the addition of 15 minutes will do. seriously - these workouts are insanely tough! that's why I love them and am addicted. 

enjoy your thursday evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment